Some useful links
These links are just a starting point. Please share your favourites with us on social media, or by email...
The Climate Reality Project
The Climate Reality Project's mission is to catalyse a global solution to the climate crisis by making urgent action a necessity across every level of society.
- Explore their website
- New e-book: 'The 12 questions every climate activist hears and what to say'. Described as "A handy guide to the most common arguments against the reality of man-made climate change and why they’re totally wrong!" Download the free e-book for help in answering the most common questions every climate activist hears.
Hear from the experts
- NASA have a great website: http://climate.nasa.gov
- The Royal Society, on energy, environment and climate: https://royalsociety.org/topics-policy/energy-environment-climate
- Partially based locally at the University of East Anglia, the Tyndall Centre is largely responsible for UEA being the university that has made the most substantial and sustained contribution to the IPCC across disciplines. www.tyndall.ac.uk/index.shtml
- The IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) has published a number of comprehensive reports: http://www.ipcc.ch
Join the Transition movement
- Transition Norwich: Part of a world-wide community movement in response to peak oil and climate change. This site gives you details of up and coming events and meetings, as well as reports and related matters that are going on in Norwich and East Anglia.
- Transition Network website: Transition Network is a charitable organisation whose role is to inspire, encourage, connect, support and train communities as they self-organise around the Transition model, creating initiatives that rebuild resilience and reduce CO2 emissions.
Low carbon lifestyles
- Eat low carbon
- Learn more about Cambridge Carbon Footprint's ideas
- Explore the Centre for Alternative Technology (CAT) blog
- How can reducing consumption make you happier at the same time as being the right environmental decision? Local author Teresa Belton has some ideas: Happier People, Healthier Planet
Interested in learning more?
Check out the fantastic website, book and film from Naomi Klein: 'This Changes Everything'
10:10 started an international movement when it called for people to reduce their carbon footprint by 10% by 2010. Today they are still creating opportunities and raising awareness: Explore the 10:10 website
CHAIN are official "Friends of Live Earth". We need a billion voices to sign up calling on governments to Take Climate Action Now. Please sign up here:
Our group is working in conjunction with the Climate Coalition and the Campaign against Climate Change. Read more about them here:
We have an ongoing project with local schools, including Notre Dame High School. Their fantastic Climate Change Ambassadors helped to deliver a strong message to the 2015 COP21 talks: Read the EDP article here